2. High sensitivity, LOD: 500 copies/mL
3. High specificity. No cross-reactivity with other pathogens
4. Convenient detection: 67 min amplification
5. Non-closed equipment required: any of real-time PCR instruments with FAM and VIC channels
6. Cost-efficient shipping and Eco-friendly: lyo-philized reagent, room temperature shipping, no need of cold chain shipping
Monkeypox is a viral zoonotic disease caused by monkeypox virus. It occurs primarily in tropical rainforest areas of Central and West Africa and is occasionally exported to other regions. Monkeypox is transmitted to humans through close contact with an infected person or animal, or with material contaminated with the virus. The incubation period of monkeypox is usually from 6 to 13 days but can range from 5 to 21 days.